Monday, April 28, 2008

Celebrating Earth Day



Mark made me laugh this week at his attempt to celebrate Earth Day, so I thought I would share: Earlier this week we stopped by our friends house, Adam and Amy. Amy and I were talking and playing with our children when Mark and Adam came to the front yard with an ancient lawn mower. I thought, "oh no, what are they up to." Long story short... the lawn mower found its way into our car. When we got in the car Mark said, " I am celebrating Earth Day today. This lawn mower needs no gas, no oil, and doesn't pollute the environment." I couldn't beleive he was actually going to use it! He was so excited; as soon as we got home he ran inside to change clothes. He and Brinkley (our dog) rushed outside to start cutting the grass. Brinkley was not such a big fan of the ancient lawn mower. He barked at it non-stop, so much so that our sweet neighbors came outside to make sure everything was okay. When the neighbors saw Mark cutting the grass with the ancient lawn mower, they offered to let us borrow theirs. I had to explain that we have a perfectly good lawn mower .. this is Mark's attempt to celebrate Earth Day. Unfortunatley, Mark's excitement didn't last too long. He found out that the lawn mower was broken. He and our neighbor tried to fix it. No repairs were made. Needless to say...the next day Mark cut the grass with our pushing lawn mower. Nice try though!




4 comments:

Willis said...

I'll have to tell your science class. They'll all appreciate his efforts with the talks we've had about conservation!

Willis

Stephanie said...

man, andy is just darling! love the purple lips-perfect for the blog!
i am LOVING your weekly blogging! it makes me feel so much more connected, although we are quite far away...you will always be my dear dear freind. i hope we can see each otehr again one day sooner than later!
love the "earth day story" too!

Ivey Wisener #23 said...

I could so picture you outside with that "ancient" lawn mower Mr.Jones! I haven't seen a lawn mower like that in a while nobody uses them any more. Your neighbors probibly thought you were crazy! I didn't do any thing for earth day I didn't know there was a such thing until I read your blog! You should bring the lawn mower to school! Keep up da bloging! U ROCK MR.JONES!

Anonymous said...

Mark,
only you would use a rotary mower for Earth Day. Hope y'all are doing well.