Thursday, May 29, 2008

snap shot of last week

Yah! I survived working! It was terribly sad to leave Andy but I did it! The first morning that I worked, I said bye and I love you 8 times. It was so hard to make myself walk out the door. I was stalling big time. Once I got in the car I could feel myself gettting really teary so I called my good friend Amy. She talked me through it and I didn't fall apart. It was WONDERFUL having Mrs. Jones spend the week with us. She did a great job at following all my little mommy request. Andy loves his Grammy. She got lots of smiles and kisses last week.

I love Cave Spring Elementary! I wanted to share a few pictures with you of our last day of school. It is a tradition that on the last day of school we all walk to the creek and have a fun day celebrating the year. What a wonderful job! Where else can you walk to the park with a police escort (Mr. Mike) and all the vehicles stop to wave at the kids? LOVE IT!



Notice that the kids are OUT of the water. Yes, there was a little water snake that decided to swim by.


When I got home from school I just wanted to cuddle with Andy. This is a cute picture of him falling asleep in my lap. Isn't he precious!?! He is growing so much.



Memorial Day

Mark and I thought it would be a good idea to have a picnic at Berry on Memorial Day. I must say the thought was good but .... a 2 month old, big dog, eating, and a hot day doesn't go so well. Maybe we will have better luck next time.


That night Courtney and Tiffany came over to visit. Courtney brought her sweet little dog, Hank. Brinkley loved having another dog to play with. They ran and ran until they had to take a break. The next thing you know they are up again. It was funny to watch our HUGE 95 pound dog with this little dog.

3 comments:

jenny said...

the most important thing is to keep trying those family outings! & you guys are doing GREAT!!

SP said...

You need to bring Brinkley over to play with Emma!

Mandy said...

You survived! Yay! I know Andy is happy to have his mommy back. And his mommy is glad to be back :)