Monday, January 19, 2009

A week behind

(I've been a lazy blogger recently. I am a week behind on posting so I am going to try to catch up)
Mark's Back at School
Mark had three weeks off for Christmas Holidays!!! That's right, you heard me correctly, three weeks!! We loved every minute of him being at home. Personally, it was a huge help for me because Andrew really started "taking off" during the holidays. It was nice to have extra hands to chase him around. Mark also wanted me to spend time doing things that I wanted to do- isn't that sweet?!? For those moms out there, you know how precious personal time is.

We were sad that he had to go back to school but thankful that we saw him more than we expected. We ate lunch with him twice during the week :)

Yes, that's a spine that he is playing with! Mark was studying and Andrew decided to jump right in and show dad how it's done. :) Mark said maybe he will be a chiropractor one day.....

Trip to Rome
Mark started back to school on Monday - so we headed to Rome for a few days. Every other Monday night I go to Rome and meet with "my girls". The Lord has BLESSED me with some of the best friends I could ever ask for. Our little group started out as a bible study and now that several of us have moved away we get together just to "live life together". We share what's really going on, pray for one another, fellowship, eat, have fun, etc. So on Monday night we spent the night with Brittany. Then on Tuesday we stopped by the Hankins, meet with Jenn for awhile, and headed to Panera to meet Tanya for lunch.
Is this not such a cute picture of Tanya and little Taylor?


The boys were lovin' watching Baby Taylor

The lighting on the picture is bad - but here we are with kiddos at Panera.


Visiting My Parents
We spent Saturday with my parents. My dad and Mark had manly outdoor time- they went to the hunting property to shoot their guns. Mom and I went shopping and played at home with Andy.
Again, the color on this picture is bad but... Andrew was laying his sweet little head down on my dad's shoulder. Although, as soon as I took the picture he started to lift his head up. :)

Playing with his new toy

Daniel and Heidi gave Andrew one of Carson's older toys last time we visited. Thank you! This past week Andrew has loved it! He now understands how to put the balls in. You are welcome to watch as Mark was teaching him.


4 comments:

Daniel & Heidi Hicks said...

awww...he learned how to do it sooo well!!! what a smart boy!

Anonymous said...

Lindsey...I really enjoy reading your blog! It gives me some insight as to what our Andrew will be up to in a couple of months:) Andy is too precious!

SP said...

Wish I had been there!

Stephanie said...

he is getting so big, linds!
so jealous that you can just hop in the car and head to rome--wish it were that close for me. a precious place with great memories.
miss you!