Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fire Department to the Rescue!

What a day! I get the "Worst Mom of the World" award today. I was at Kennesaw Mtn Battlefield waiting for my friend Kristin to arrive. We were going to hike up the mountain with our kiddos. She was running a few minutes late, so I sat in the back seat playing with Andrew. When Kristin got to the park I got out of the car to wave at her so she would know where I was. When I went to open the car door... it was LOCKED~ that's right Andrew was locked inside the car. I could see my keys on the floor in the diaper.
I felt awful! Kristin and I called 911 and the fire department was there in 7 minutes. Andrew was out in about 8 or 9 minutes. How was Andrew? He was having a great time. He was playing with my cell phone, pointing at all the people walking by, waving at the firemen. I'm so thankful that he was happy during this experience. If he was crying- I would have lost it too. Please learn from my mistake- summer is right around the corner.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

atleast you didnt break his arm!