This kid loves phones ~ cell phones, house phones, or play phones. He will even make a calculator, a cup, a notebook, or a small book turn into an imaginary phone. Recently we were all in the car and Andy was getting fussy, so Mark locked his cell phone keys and handed it to Andy. That's when I snapped this picture. Do you see the excitement on his face?!?I love to hear him "talk" on the phone. I wish I knew what he was saying. He will just talk and talk for the longest time. The funny thing is- if you hand him the phone when someone is on the other end trying to talk to him -he freezes. He won't talk back but will smile like crazy.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I KNOW PHONES ARE NOT TOYS
A few weeks ago Andrew called 911 without me knowing it! I felt HORRIBLE!! Here's the story: I was on my cell phone with the Doctors office. Andrew walked into the room and grabbed the house phone. As I was talking to the Dr's office I followed Andy around the room grabbing the house phone and turning it off. I was making sure he wasn't calling anyone. When I looked at the phone the number was something like this 3763213988706163286. ( Side note: I swore I would NEVER be the mom that would let my child play with phones. It drove me crazy to see and hear children playing with phones. Now that I'm a mom, in desperate situations it gives you a few minutes of quietness when needed- like when talking to a Dr's office. I've learned not to judge and never say never) About 10 minutes later the doorbell rings and I look out the window and see a police car in front of the house. I immediately grab Andrew ran down the stairs thinking, "oh no, what has happened." The nice police man said that they received a 911 call from this number and then a hang up. When the 911 tried to call back no one answered ??? I apologized over and over to the police man and felt awful for my irresponsibility. It's all still a mystery to us. When we look at all recently dialed list there is not a 911 or even a number that starts with 9. Although, I'm sure Andrew did it. It's all my fault and let me assure I learned my lesson. He no longer can reach the phones and gets a spanking when tries to play with the phone.
4 comments:
This is too funny (although I'm sure it didn't seem that way when the police were at your house!)..... but it's definitely something you'll look back and laugh about when Andrew is older. We too are having the phone battle. While we don't give Reese our cell phones, the grandparents sure like to... and she wants so badly to grab the house phones. Why do kids like phones so much??
That happened to my brother and sister-in-law, too! Except they actually got the call-back before the police came. I have heard that if a phone gets a stream of dialed numbers, it automatically dials 911...it is set-up so that if someone is frantic, they can still reach a 911 operator.
HIlarious!!!
Bo has used my cell phone to call 911 already too! I had the keys locked and like you swore I would not let him ever play with one and am eating my words. Same thing as with the string of numbers, apparently if you hold down the 9 long enough it calls 911 even though the keys are locked? That is all we could figure. We also have the grandparent battle too. They actually have an old phone they charge for him!
Post a Comment