Friday, January 29, 2010

Homemade Bread!

There is nothing like homemade bread. Whether banana, pumpkin, or whole wheat, the smell of a fresh, hot loaf can't be beat. I have been interested in making homemade bread for a while now. This week a friend from church invited me over to learn how to make it! She buys a variety of grains from Bread Beckers, Inc. , grinds the grains using the WonderMill Grain Mill, and then uses this recipe to put in her bread machine. She bakes it in the oven and bon appetit! I'm telling you it is delicious!

There are many benefits to making homemade bread, I found this as I googled homemade bread:
"Wheat is the world's most important grain crop and ranks first among the grains for its nutritional value. When used in its entirety, wheat is an excellent source of fiber and many critical B-vitamins.WheatB-vitamins. Wheat germ is one of the richest sources of vitamin E if used when freshly milled, before oxidation takes place.


The richest source of Vitamin E is found in the germ of the wheat kernel. Milled wheat loses its Vitamin E very quickly due to oxidization. This is the reason why the bread we buy really has nothing of value for us. It has been stripped of the vitamins provided in the wheat. Within about 72 hours of milling, 90%25 of over 30 nutrients are gone.


Families usually enjoy better health once they start baking bread with fresh ground wheat including significant improvements in sinus conditions, runny noses and colds. There have also been reports of reduced cholesterol counts, warts disappearing, acne clearing and a host of other wonderful benefits. Of course there are the obvious benefits of adding more fiber to your diet, but remember to drink a lot of water when you increase fiber."

There are also many benefits to soaking your Whole Grains. If interested click here.

... One day I hope to purchase a Grain Mill and bread machine.... take my word for it, it's YUMMY!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I WANT TO DO THIS TOO!!!!! I've known about it for years now and I NEED to do it : )