Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I ♥ him


I could not be more excited.... Mark has a THREE week summer break!!! Did you hear me? THREE weeks! It's better than Christmas. Really! He finished his 8th quarter of Chiropractic School. In a 1 1/2 years he will be Dr. Jones. It's going to fly by.

On Mark's summer breaks we are normally busy traveling to visit friends and family or going on a vacations. We have always had fun, but it has flown by and not been restful. One summer when Mark and I were both teachers, we were only home 2 weeks out of 10. It was a blast but now with kids ~ we love taking it easy and savoring the moments. So, this break we are staying put and enjoying one another. We have already had so much fun! Nothing beats quality time. It's so nice waking up together, eating breakfast, playing, taking naps, etc.. You mom's know having daddy home is amazing in itself but to have him home for 3 weeks... Yippee!

Mark has been so sweet to let me sleep late in the mornings and fix me breakfast when I wake up. He has stayed home with the kids so that I could go shopping, run errands, etc... It is so nice to get out by myself. Oh how I ♥ him!

We are planning on taking a few overnight trips but nothing major. We have a pool in the neighborhood, playset in the backyard, grill on the deck, and friends/family close by. Hello Summertime!

No comments: