Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Thirty before 30

I'm a task oriented person. I love making a list and the satisfaction of checking things off. I also love the idea of setting goals to complete before the year is over.  Several friends of mine have made a list of things they hope to do before their next birthday. A bucket list sounds fun, but in my stage of life…it would hard to get anything crossed off.  So, I have made a list of practical tasks that I hope to do this year.

Since this blog is my personal journal, I plan on taking pictures and sharing as I cross things off. I'm hoping that sharing this list will be extra motivation for me to do them! Here's to the last year of my twenties~ Want to see my list?!?

1. learn to grill
2. be fit- exercise 4-5x a week
3. run a 5K- maybe the Warrior Dash
4. loose my muffin top
5. comfortably wear a size 4 again
6. eat less sugar - try a low glycemic lifestyle
7. eat more raw veggies
8. create a monthly meal plan
9. make a standard grocery list and pantry list
10. spend time with the Lord daily
11. memorize one verse a month as a family
12. live more mission minded- do a monthly family service project/outreach
13. plan fun intentional date nights for Mark
14. weekend getaway with Mark
15. Secret
16. create a personal and family mission statement
17. develop strong convictions about the holidays
18. create a monthly calendar of fun family traditions
19. take a photography class or learn from a friend
20. use my camera on manual
21. get a new 50 mm lens
22. edit photos using some kind of photo software
23. store pictures more effectively on my computer
24. make shutterfly books
25. make a year long photo book using my publisher or turn my blog into a book
26. update the appearance of the blog
27. tutor elementary students
28. clean, consign, reorganize the basement
29. use coupons
30 * travel to Colorado* I put a star next to this one b/c I'm not sure if it's doable at this stage of our life... but I would LOVE to go!

What are you goals? I'd love to know!

3 comments:

Becky Falkins said...

I think I know what #15 is! :)

The Jones Family said...

Yes, Becky you do!!!

Jason and Pamela said...

Love the idea and all your goals! If you do the Warrior Dash have fun!!! It's a blast, just wish I would have been in better shape for it. :)