Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Day

Christmas morning we had our last Jesse Tree devotional, read Luke 2 - The Christmas Story, we sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus, we talked about why we have presents, then we went downstairs. Andrew was honestly jumping up and down with excitement. I ran downstairs to video Andrew's reaction to getting a guitar. He has wanted a guitar for almost half a year now and talks about it daily. What did he do? He just stood there looking. We had to encourage him to go pick it up! Oh boy, once he got warmed up - watch out-  he was a loud, happy, rockstar :)

Here are few snap shots of Andy:
His first time holding his guitar
About to rock out on his keyboard and microphone
Cooking a hamburger on his new grill






Nathanael woke up an hour later. He enjoyed all the excitement!
Nathanael playing his new activity walker
He loves these stacking cups - they're a great size for him
Nathanael had lots of help opening gifts




After we opened gifts. we ate a big Christmas brunch: eggs, biscuits, garlic cheese grits, sausage, ham, baked apricots, and fresh fruit. My mom has always made a wonderful brunch for us to enjoy and now I am doing it for my boys. I love traditions!

It was a beautiful snowy morning ~ the first time it's snowed on Christmas morning in over 100 years! We had a gorgeous drive to my parents house!
My parents loved their family portrait... thanks again Linz B. Meadows
Aunt Natty playing with Andrew

Doesn't this picture make you smile? Nate and his stocking
I think Nathanael was more excited about the paper than his presents : )
Andy has slept in his tent everyday since Christmas! What a great gift Mom and Dad!
Playing with Nathanael's toy
I could go on and on with pictures I've taken but...I'll spare you! We are so blessed and thankful for all of our gifts. Most importantly thank you God for sending your perfect holy son to Earth. JESUS you really are the BEST GIFT!

No comments: