Andrew is just so sweet! He tells me at least 10 times a day how much he loves me and gives me the biggest hugs. He is a cuddlier and I couldn't be more happier about it. Before nap time and bed time we read stories and he always ask "to cuddle up for a minute". Most nights we lay in our bed for 5-10 minutes with him cuddling and letting him talk about his day or whatever is on his mind (this is also the time we are waiting for Nathanael to fall asleep before bringing Andrew in the room- they share a room). Some nights we say no because of the time but I know one day I'm going to wish he wanted to "cuddle up" or read together or even be in the same room with us. The 'problem' we were having with Andrew last month really was so sweet but a little aggravating. After I tucked him in, prayed, told him good night, I love you, etc... I would shut the door. He would yell, "good night mommy, my love you". So I would open the door and say "good night buddy, I love you too". Then just soon as I shut the door he would yell, "sweet dreams mommy, hope you sleep so good". Mark and I tried not to open the door but he would yell it for over 10 minutes and I mean yell it loudly. So finally I opened the door and told him no more talking to which he would blow kisses. It really was so sweet but he would drag it out for 20 minutes if I would let him. My mom thought it was hilarious! She laughed until she cried one night when we at her house.
Andrew is so sweet to Nathanael. At random times throughout the day he will say, " I love our baby, Mommy"...."He's so cute". One night I could hear Nathanael fussing over the monitor in their room. I was hoping Nathanael would fall back to sleep and all the sudden I heard the sweetest voice say, "It's okay baby...don't be sad...I'm in here with you". It melted my heart!
Nathanael loves Andrew too. As soon as he wakes up he looks for him. He smiles the biggest smile when he seems him. No one can make him laugh like Andrew. I wish I could record their laughter as I'm driving down the road. Andrew will act silly and Nathanael will laugh so hard that he can hardly catch his breath. I've honestly looked back to make sure he was okay. On the other hand, if Nathanael is upset- Andrew will sing him our 'calm down song'. Again...I'm really trying to soak it all in because I know one day before long they will be arguing in the back seat, fighting over toys, or focuses on their electronic devices tuned out to the world.
Mark comes home to two boys who couldn't be more excited to play with daddy! He is so great to walk in the door from his busy day and immediately begin playing and helping with the boys. He helps with dinner, bath time, and bed time no matter what he has to do before the next day. I can not sing his praises enough. I'm so thankful for not only an amazing father to my children, but a best friend and love for me!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment