Tuesday, March 22, 2011

this and that

Women's Retreat
This past weekend I was blessed to go on a Women's Retreat with Christ Community Church at Dolce Resort. I really enjoyed the fellowship, the talks, the testimonies, the worship, and the food was delicious. It was so fun to be with godly women and get away from the everyday life for just a little bit. The theme of the weekend was Leaving a Legacy: Honoring the greatness of Jesus Christ by growing spiritually, living authentically, and participating in His purpose. 

Here a few things that I keep coming back to:
Someone has said, "An inheritance is something you leave for your kids, and a legacy is something you leave in them." I just love that quote! Proverbs 13:22 says, "A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children."

Elizabeth Elliott asked
What do you want in life?
How will you get it?
What will it cost you?

I was encouraged that I need to have intentional determination to grow spiritually. There is so much that I could share with you! Thank you to all the ladies who worked so hard to make this retreat happen.

My Smart Husband
Mark had lab finals last week. National Boards this past weekend. Final exams this week. Pray for him! He is almost done with classes for good!!! Yippee! He has one more quarter of classes and then 6 months of working alongside Dr. Salminen.  I can't believe the end is in sight! So excited for our future!

Boys Check Up
I took the boys to the doctor for their well check ups. All is good! They are both in the 75% for their weight. I couldn't believe Andy was in the 75%. I thought for sure that his skinny little self would be in like the 30% rank but... nope. He is a healthy little man.  I truly am SO thankful that God has blessed them with good health. We have been to the doctor one time for a sickness in 3 years. Thank you Lord.

Tutoring
I am on cloud nine. The Lord is so sweet to work out all the little details for me to tutor a middle schooler at our house. I have been praying that God would provide me with a student to tutor. I have called several schools, left messages, talked to counselors, etc.. but nothing. Well yesterday this sweet mom called ME and asked me if I would be interested in tutoring her son. She is wanting someone to sit down with him twice a week to do homework with him, teach him how to organize his school stuff, help him study for upcoming test. He will come to my house- big praise - I don't have to find childcare for my kiddos :)

Random
I wish I had my camera with me today... there was a turkey crossing Dallas Hwy ( 4 lane busy road) at 5:15 pm.We don't live in the county people.  I was the first car at the red light. I looked up and saw a turkey go from the Kroger parking across the road to the median. I looked at the car next to me and when the light turned green we went very slowly until it made it all the way across. Too bad the boys weren't with me. I was actually enjoying  a few hours out shopping by myself. Thank you Mark!

** Coming soon.....Video of Nate learning to walk

No comments: