Stats:
31 1/4 inches long
24 pounds
6 teeth
wearing 18 month clothes
shoes size 5
diaper size 3-4
Nicknames: Nate, Nater-Tater, Thanel, Tater-Tot, Nate Dog
Talking:
Nathanael has really started talking. He tries to mimic whatever you say. I've been surprised how much he understands the world around him. He may not be able to fully express himself yet, but he really understands what's going on. Here are some of his most common words.
momma- is on repeat all day
up, daddy, outside, pool, more, eat, milk, water, book, bye-bye, shoes, mine, all done, dog, baby, fish, banana, trash truck, airplane, light, pappy = passy, binky = brinkley
We are teaching him body parts. He can identify his toes, feet, fingers, head, hair, mouth, and eyes. We are working on ears, nose, legs, and arms. He also loves to make these animal sounds: dog, elephant, lion, duck, and cat.
Playing:
Who needs 'age appropriate toys' when you have an older brother? Nate plays with whatever Andy is playing with or does whatever Andy is doing. He loves his brother! Their favorite thing to do is run laps around the house while chasing each other and screaming. We will say, "I'm gonna get you Nate!" and he squeals and takes off running. As soon as we stop he says and signs, "more, more". The boys also like to play with blocks, cars, balls, instruments, and legos. They would play outside all day if I would let them. When we play inside, Nathanael stands at the window saying "outside". He loves to play in the sprinkler, go to the pool, swing, and go for a walk or bike ride.
Nathanael can be entertained with book for quite a long time. He loves to read! He will bring me a book and throw it in my lap and say 'book, book". His favorite book is the 100 first word picture book. He loves to try to say the words. He also likes to sing. He does the motions to Itsy-Bitsy Spider, Patty Cake, and If Your Happy and You Know It.
Personality:
Nate is a momma's boy! He stands beside me with his arms reaching up and says "up, up, up" until I pick him up. He would be carried all day. He is rotten :) Nathanael may be the ham of the family. He is so funny! He does things to make you laugh and will even come up with a silly dance when you call his name. He is very feisty, strong willed, loud, and demanding. To be honest, I really don't know what to do with him. Andrew was not this way at all. I am being challenged to be more creative and parent him a little differently.
Nate loves food! Maybe I should say he is obsessed with food. We joke about him having a eating disorder. He would eat until he was sick. If anyone eats anything around him he HAS to have some! He can not function with out food.
You know the saying, "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy". Well recently around here it's been: "If Nate ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" :)
I am so thankful for Nathanael! He brings us such joy! I can't wait to watch him grow and see his personality develop!

No comments:
Post a Comment