Saturday, September 3, 2011

5K- We did it!

We ran our first family 5K today! I have been 'training' for about a month or two and was excited to run! I've always wanted to run a 5K. To be honest I've always wanted to run a half marathon.. but you gotta start somewhere-right?. I am happy to say I ran the entire 3.2 miles and could have kept going. I may try to run the Atlanta Marathon Relay in October or the Twlight 10K at Callaway Gardens  at the beginning of November or the Gobble Jog on Thanksgiving morning. Anyone want to run with me?

My sweet husband could have easily ran much faster than me today but he stayed by my side. Mark pushed the double stroller and the boys were pleasant eating their snack. We really had a fun run! Looking forward to more runs with the family!

Team Jones after the race!

2 comments:

Emily said...

YEEEAAAAHHH girl!!! Way to go!! So excited for you. Congrats!!!

Kristen Keeling said...

Lindsey- We've had modem issues & I've been out of the Internet world for forever. Of course, life also had something to do with that. I'm running my first 5K this Saturday! My goal is to do the Half-Marathon on Thanksgiving morning for "As Our Own". Want to run too? :)