I turned 30 this week. Yes, 30! It sounds silly but in my mind I am still 24. I'm not sure why go to 24 but I do. I'm truly happy to embrace thirty. I am healthy, I am loved, I have a beautiful family which I adore, I am taken care of, I have amazing friends, my family is awesome and we all have good relationships, most importantly I am a daughter of The King! I understand myself better each day, I know what I like, I have purposeful goals, I enjoy my life- SO ... here I come thirties!
I have had a wonderful 30th birthday celebration that started on Friday and is still going! Friday afternoon, I met my mom at the mall and we went shopping!! Thank you mom! Friday evening Mark and I went to get me a much needed new laptop! I am now a mac owner and so excited!! The laptop I had been using was 7 years old and was hanging on for dear life. The screen shattered so it was plugged into an old monitor that had waves. nice. It was missing 7 keys, lots of errors, the battery would not work it had to be plugged in at all times, etc... I could go on and on and on. I'll spare you but... YAY - I have a computer that really works! Couldn't be happier.
Saturday, I went for a long morning run then came home to play with the family. I got my hair done, ran errands, watched football, went to my first mac computer class, then came home to get ready for a night in Atlanta. My sweet husband planned a fun night out!
Some dear friends meet us at Atlantic Station, where we ate dinner and shopped around. Next we went to a comedy club- whole world improv theatre. Then, my favorite, we went to the Sun Dial Restaurant for deserts and coffee. If you haven't been to the Sun Dial - you should go- it's such a neat atmosphere. The web site says this: The Sun Dial Restaurant is Atlanta's only tri-level dining complex featuring a revolving upscale restaurant, a rotating cocktail lounge and an observatory View Level offering a breathtaking 360-degree panorama of the magnificent Atlanta skyline. An Atlanta tradition, thousands of locals and tourists board the scenic glass elevators each year to climb the hotel's 73 stories to The Sun Dial for its unbeatable views, classic cuisine, live jazz and relaxing ambiance.
It really was such a fun and sweet time! While eating dessert Mark asked everyone to share fun memories they had of us or qualities they appreciated about me. Humbling and precious- I have wonderful kind friends!!!
Sunday, my parents had a birthday celebration for my dad and I. (I shared a little about it in my previous post) My mom did a great job hosting a delicious brunch! Her house was so cutely decorated for the Fall! It was great seeing my sister and her husband too. Don't you love when all the family gets together?



No comments:
Post a Comment