Tuesday, December 6, 2011

sweet big brother


He really is such a fabulous big brother! I'm so thankful for him. He is sweet with Nate and Nate is not always easy to be sweet with :) Just yesterday I was doing the dishes and Andrew was in the kitchen with me. We heard Nathanael fussing about something. Andrew looked at me and said, "It's okay mommy, I will go help him". He did. Nathanael was trying to get his sock off and couldn't do it so Andrew helped him and then said, "I love you Nate!" and gave him the biggest hug. Just Precious. He is so patient and kind with Nathanael too. This morning I heard him say, "Nate you want me to read some Bible stories to you?" Andrew got this little Bible and took it over to Nate and 'read' to him. He 'read' about Paul and Barnabas writing letters to churches so they can learn about Jesus (thank you BSF) and then he read the birth of Jesus to him. Nate listens for a few minutes and then he takes the Bible from Andrew and throws it. Yep, that's Nate :) Now of course they are brothers and fight over toys, who get to go first, etc.. but all in all Andrew is such a blessing to Nate and I both.

Andrew is super inquistive. As we drive down the road he is  constantly asking questions about how things work, "Mommy how do mailboxes stay in the ground?", "Mommy how do worms make babies?", "Mommy how do you build stores?", "Mommy where do they make cars and how do they get all them to the car store?", "Mommy how do you park airplanes in the building at the airport?", etc. I love that he asks such great questions. Andrew also has an amazing memory. I promise he remembers everything! It really shocks Mark and I - he will remember something we did 1 year ago and in such great detail. Now if we could get him to 'remember' to obey ALL the way, RIGHT way, and with a HAPPY heart!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

"How do worms make babies?" cracks me up! How did you answer that?

The Jones Family said...

I didn't answer it- I said, "wow, good questions you need to ask Daddy that one." :)