Friday, March 2, 2012

Mr. Jumpy


Andy: Mommy, do you see that squirrel outside on the fence?
Me: Yes
Andy: His name is Mr. Jumpy. He likes to play in our yard and he jumps around everywhere.
Me: Oh, I like that name.
Andy: See, look he is jumping on the tree right now!

Then Nate chimes in running over to the window yelling "HI! MR. JUMPY" and starts waving.  Now every time we see a squirrel - it's Mr. Jumpy and we have to go say hello to him and chase him around the yard. The funny thing is we have tons of squirrels so Andrew has started to name "Mr. Jumpy's family".  I love kids imaginations!

Today we were walking around the block collecting acorns for Mr. Jumpy and his family. We passed this sweet elderly man who was walking and kindly said 'hello' to us. As he walks a few feet away and looks at me with all seriousness and says, "Mom, he's really old. Is he going to die soon?".  I am so glad the sweet man could not hear him.... that would have been so awkward for all of us!

No comments: