This little man just makes my heart smile. He asks the neatest questions and has the best ideas. I love the conversations that we have had recently! I love how the Lord is stirring his heart! Friday as we were driving home our conversation went like this:
Andy: "Mommy, how big is God?"
Me: "He is so big that we can't even measure him!"
Andy: "He's even bigger than Daddy?"
Me: "Yes, buddy. God is bigger than any person, bigger than the mountains, bigger
than the trees, bigger than we can even imagine"
Andy: "Then how can he fit in our hearts?"
I love the way he is thinking and pray that Jesus continues to draw him to himself!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There was a hurt animal close to our yard and Andy said, "I know Mom! Let's pray for the squirrel." So we stopped in the driveway and he said, "Dear Jesus, we pray for this squirrel
that you would help him feel better. Amen."
* I thought to myself.... Jesus wants us to come to him with childlike faith. I need to pause in my day and pray about the 'small things' and trust that Jesus has it all under control.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We were swinging in the backyard and Andrew said, "Mommy, let's talk to God about all the things we are thankful for." I loved hearing his list- the blue sky, the green grass, my sandbox, the birds, Nate, my tractor, etc... It is just so sweet to hear his little heart!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
We hear a lot of "Nate, this is for big boys like me and daddy. When you get bigger you can do it to."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Of course, we have the sassy, know-it-all 4 year old too... lot's of, "I already know that" or "I can do it myself". My favorite it when he uses measurements completely wrong but is SO confident in what he is saying. For instances, "Mom it almost time to go it's 5 inches (instead of 5:00)"

No comments:
Post a Comment