Friday, June 29, 2012

quick trip to bham


Nikki is one of my dearest friends. We met 10 years ago in Panama City Beach, FL while doing a summer ministry together called Summer Beach Project. Immediately we clicked and have been inseparable since. I adore this girl! We have never lived in the same state, but she one of my very closest friends. We see each other at least 3 times a year and talk on the phone often. 


She and her sweet mom have had the hardest 6 months. Nikki's dad passed away of cancer last week. It was awful. They watched him suffer up until his last breath. I just can't imagine... not one single bit. Although, they now can rejoice because he recently became a believer!!! He has a relationship with Jesus!!! We know he is now with his maker- his savior! Join me in praying for these ladies!


I loved being able to cry when they wanted to cry and laugh when they wanted to laugh. We looked at pictures, told stories, and reminisced. When they were ready we would go for a run, go to the pool, eat iceream, etc...
 These sweet girls are adorable! They are the same age as my boys and it was fun for me to love on little girls for a few days! Girls- oh how different than boys. 

Lindsey is another dear friend who lives in Birmingham. I was so excited to see her! She needs to be my neighbor. She and I have so much in common and she is just precious! Her kiddos are too! I had to take a picture of John who is Nate's age. Don't you love his cute little face?


No comments: