Wednesday, October 24, 2012

mommies mini vacation

I just returned from a mini vacation! I went to visit some of my best friends who live in Birmingham, AL. I stayed with my friend Nikki. We have been BFF's for over 10 years now! I just adore her. 

Nikki and I
She is such a FUN person who loves the Lord and has a contagious spirit! While visiting we usually talk about 'mom stuff', homeschooling, being wives, our walks with God, meal planning - important stuff. This trip we did a little bit of the important stuff but... we mostly had fun girl time. It was refreshing. We played on Pinterest, planned outfits, experimented with new hair styles, ate yummy desserts... fun stuff! 

 One of the main reasons I went to Birmingham was to meet this precious little sweet pea. Here is Mary Davis Williamson, they call her 'Davy'. Isn't that such a cute name! 


Lindsey, my other dear friend in Birmingham, had Davy just two weeks ago! They are both doing great! Lindsey has 2 other children about the same age as my boys. She is such a great mom!  I wish I could be 'a fly on the wall' at her house. I could learn so much from her. She is Martha Stewart, homeschool extraordinaire, lover of Jesus, health food expert, wedding flower designer, a beautiful full time mommy of 3 with her husband in school and has the kindest spirit. I meet her just 3 1/2 years ago but we became close friends fast. I wish she was my neighbor! 


The girls and I hung out during the day and once their kids were in bed we went for dessert. I could not have done this without my amazing husband who watched the kids! I love how he serves me and wants me to have fun personal time. I woke up one morning with this text message and it made me smile! 


He gets it! He does it well! He and the kids had so much fun while I was gone and came back to a fairly clean house!!! I missed the boys like crazy! I couldn't get home fast enough to see them! Andrew told me: "Mom we planned a 'welcome home mommy' football game, come on put on your shoes... let's go play". So last night we played football in the yard! Andrew has become a little 'daddies boy' since I've been away.... he is attached at the hip and all into being 'big and strong like Daddy'. Nate just wants to cuddle with me! How I love his sweet cuddles. Love my boys! Had a blast while I was gone but very glad to be back home! 


No comments: