Monday, May 5, 2008

Is that purple lipstick?

No, I wasn't playing dress up. It's not lipstick - it is medicine. Andy has thrush which is a yeast infection in a babies mouth. It is very common for babies to get. The good news is that it doesn't hurt Andy. I noticed it about a week ago when he was yawning. I saw white on his tongue and thought it was milk. When Mark got home I asked him to look and it was still there. I tried to wipe it off his tongue and it didn't go away. That's when I knew it had to be thrush. The doctor confirmed it and gave us medicine. One way to treat thrush is to use Gentian Violet. The bad news is that it stains his mouth for a few days. The thrush is slowly going away!



Mom and I went shopping this weekend. It was Andy's first trip to the mall. Although, he didn't even know we were there.... he slept the entire time. People would stop and look at him and say, "Oh he is so cute.." Before they could finish talking I would immediately tell them, "I know his lips are purple and yes he is breathing." I didn't want them to think something was wrong ;) Mom was so sweet to buy Andy and I a few new outfits. Thanks mom!





3 comments:

Willis said...

Only 14 more days of school left. I'm hoping you bring Andy so we can see him!

Willis

The Jones Family said...

I am bringing him tomorrow! Can't for you to see him!

Ivey Wisener #23 said...

My sister had to have that too! Your blog is one of my favorits!