Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Andrew had his first "little cold" this weekend. It was so sad to see him not feeling well. He had a low grade fever, runny nose, watery eyes, coughing, and sneezing. I know this will be the first of many colds but it broke my heart. Mark and I were classic new parents: taking his temperature every few minutes, reading baby books about illness, and even letting Andrew sleep in our bed. It was hard for him to nurse because his nose of stuffy so it made it difficult for him to breathe. We prayed that his cold would pass quickly and I am happy to say that his fever only lasted one day! He is still has a little nasal congestion but we are doing good now!



Andrew wanted me to hold him while he took a nap. I think it was easier for him to breathe. Look at that sweet face!


While he napped I read Super Baby Food. It is a wonderful book about introducing solid foods to your baby and making homemade baby food. I am going to make Andrew's food! We are going to use organic fruits and vegetables as well as organic whole grains for his ceral. It is actually much healthier as well as cheaper to make your own baby food. I'll let you know how it goes in a few months :)


It's football time in Tennessee!!! We love football! Mark has been counting down the days until football season for a few months now. Yes, we are Tennessee fans- both Mark and I were born in Tennessee and our families are Tennessee fans! I am sad to say that Tennessee lost to UCLA in overtime. Uncle Todd came over for a few hours on Monday afternoon before the game. I took a few pictures of Todd and Andy before the game.


I took a few pictures of Andrew playing with his toys this morning! He loves having a basket of toys in front of him. I think it helps him sit up longer by himself. He usually plays the rattle the longest. The last picture makes me laugh... Andrew started to lose his balance but recovered with airplane arms.


4 comments:

Stephanie said...

i remember anna kate's first cold. man, it was a heart breaker! you're such a good mom. :)
so glad to see that you're going to make your own baby food. great choice, girl! it is SO easy, and so healthy. amazing how easy it is. but in my experience with 2 kids now, let me speak a little word of encouragement: be freed up if you need to throw in a jar of baby food to go out of town, or out on the town...i got stuck in feeling like they could ONLY EVER eat the homemade stuff, and that is not so. they will be more than fine...at least that's what i learned. i needed a little freedom, and a dear freind helped me to see that! :) (not that you asked, but i know it helped me once i was in my groove). :)
sorry i never responded to your parenting Bible study question--no excuse is good enough, but just so you know that we are in the process of moving (back into the wake forestcity limits-clsoe to the school), too, and have had family in like nuts the last several weeks. shepherding a child's heart is the best place to start, i think. esp. for the age that you are in now. you will probably re-read it a million times as he really starts to show his will, and goes through different stages. it's the best at addressing the heart, and the sin problem there within...man, is that my life these days or what? training. enough said, huh?! :)
ok, this is the longest comment i have ever left anyone!
love you, and your blog!
*andrew is just adorable!
* oh yeah-go DAWGS! :) :)
stephanie lyon

Unknown said...

It is very easy to make your own food and definately cheaper. I haven't been doing the whole organic thing but YOU GO GIRL!!! I have also never done my own cereal, I still by the baby ones, but you've reminded me that I should. I am going to have to send you a picture of Eben, he's 8 months old now and him and Andy look so much alike. You are such a fabulous mommy:)

The Elliott's Happenings said...

Excited for you & the stage Andrew is in :) Amen to what Stephanie said, too. We need to chat again!! I'll call you soon...(still dying to see you guys!)

Jennifer said...

Lins,
We are making Bo's food too! WOW we really need to talk! I miss you so MUCH!!!! Andrew is so precious and he and Bo kinda look similar to me. Maybe it is a thing about babies this age... Call me sometime.