Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Changing Daily


All parents think their children are cute and smart... but Andrew really is! Just the past 2 days his little personality has been so fun to watch develop. He has been saying more words each day and mimicking me constantly. Yesterday I opened the refrigerator, he walked over to it and said "cheese". I thought OK - I quess that's what he wants for a snack. Also yesterday as I buckled Andrew in his car seat I said, "I love you". He said it back to me with a smile! I promise he did. Now of course it was in a very baby talk manner but he said it. I thought I was melting! Today we were about to leave the house to run some errands. As I picked him up and walked towards the car he said, "keys?". It's so neat to watch him make connections and learn how to communicate them.

Don't let me fool you- he is not always a sweet lovey baby boy. Today Andrew had a poopy diaper. I said, "Andrew come here mommy needs to change your diaper." He looked at me and RAN to the kitchen and hid behind his highchair. His cute little eyes were peering out from behind his chair giggling. As I walked over towards him he ran and ran and ran. Diaper changing is a workout. He wiggles and wiggles. We are currently trying to break his habit of kicking when getting his diaper changed!

Andrew loves our dog Brinkley! This afternoon Brinkley was lying by our front door wanting to go outside. Andrew walked over to the basket- picked up his colar and and laid it across his neck and then looked at me! So needless to say, I put the colar on him and let him outside.

When I sing chidren's songs - he does the motions and I love it! He likes "wheels on the bus", "itsy bitsy spider", "this little piggy", "if you're happy and you know it" ... just to name a few~

He is now at the age that seeing toys at a store is a BIG temptation. He reaches for the toy aisles and whimpers. If I get close to the aisle he trys to climb out of the shopping cart. Just today we spent 45 minutes "playing" at Walmart. We didn't go there with the intentions of playing but I had to get swim diapers which were right next the toys. It was raining outside and I thought .. why not? Is that redneck? Maybe so but we both had fun!

1 comment:

Christopher and Brittany said...

That is so awesome, I love hearing stories like that and I'm glad you guys are enjoying life so much and it is evident in every post. Miss you guys and hope Andrew continues to do cute and hilarious things because they are fun to read, haha. Later.