Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Book List

I am always interested to know what books other people are reading. Here are the books that I have read this year or am currently reading.

Parenting
Don't Make Me Count To Three- Ginger Plowman
Shepherding A Child's Heart- Tedd Tripp
The Mission of Motherhood- Sally Clarkson
Bringing Up Boys- James Dobson
Super Baby Food - Ruth Yaron

Personal Growth
Feminine Appeal- Carolyn Mahaney
Transforming Grace- Jerry Bridges
Shopping for Time - Carolyn Mahaney

Health
Nourishing Traditions- Sally Fallon
The Bible's Seven Secrets to Healthy Eating- Joyce Rogers
What the Bible Says About Healthy Living- Rex Russell
Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth

Just for Fun
Redeeming Love- Francine Rivers
Magazines: Family Fun, Parenting, People, Southern Living


Now it's your turn.... what books should I read this year? Any suggestions? I would love your input!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I have been reading Transforming Grace, too. So good! I also read The Jesus Storybook Bible. On the most technical of levels, it is for children, and it is fantastic. I recommend for Andy! (And you would love it, too!)

The Jones Family said...

I guess I should have added The Jesus Storybook Bible to my list :) I have been reading it to Andy and I love it. Doesn't it paint such a wonderful picture of the Gospel? Thanks!

Stephanie said...

we have been reading many of the same things!

we all read the Jesus Story Book Bible every night. gets me every time, no matter how many times we've read thru it. i read it to my class often, too.

what's shopping for time about?

Willis said...

That is so funny to me that your list is so long. Oh to have the time to at least read 1 or 2 books all the way through. The joys of being a stay at home mom!

Here are 3 that I am juggling (all Christian non-fiction)...
Shattered Dreams by Larry Crabb
Love Beyond Reason by John Ortberg
The Dark Night of the Soul by St. John of the Cross

and one symbolic Christian book which is an allegory...
Hinds Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard

All good!!