Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Preparing for our new baby!

Waterbirth Class- check
We have successfully completed our waterbirth class and are so excited to have the option of having a waterbirth. I gave birth to Andrew, our first son, naturally using the Bradley Method. Now that we live in the Atlanta area we are able to take advantage of hospitals that offer varying birthing techniques. Here we are posing with our certificate.


Birth Plan- check
We are delivering at North Fulton Regional Hospital in Roswell, GA. I am amazed at how naturally minded they are :) My midwife said that I did not need to include half of my information because it is "standard procedure" at the hospital. So exciting!

Organizing the boys room- check
My mom was so sweet to come over and help me organize all of Andrew's baby clothes into storage bins marked newborn, 3-6 mths, 6-9 mths, etc... I also cleaned the closet and rearranged the dresser. The boys will be sharing a room so I have to creative in how I store their clothes, shoes, toys, etc.

Wash baby clothes and clean baby items- in progress
I can't wait for everything to smell like Dreft. Don't you love that smell?!

Naming our sweet baby- in progress
We have narrowed it down to 2 names. We are now praying that God would make it clear on which name to use. Yes, I'll let you know his name when it is finalized.

Finding a double stroller- in progress
I wish I could blink my eyes and this would be done. I have researched double strollers online until I am blue in the face, Mark and I have gone to several stores to test drive. They are so expensive and BIG, we are still looking. Any suggestions~ please let me know.

Stocking the Freezer- next week
One of my good friends is due this week and she did an awesome job of stocking her freezer. She prepared 35 meals and froze them all. If you are interested she is a great source http://williamsonfam.wordpress.com/2010/01/18/freezer-meals/

I'm sure there is SO MUCH more to do but 'nesting' is already starting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, thanks for the great post! I have already printed off several recipes from the link and I will start cooking next week! It is frustrating to not be in the house we'll be in when the baby comes. We are planning on our kids being in the same room as well. I'm really praying this works out! Also planning on doing the all natural route again with birth. I didn't go in with a plan, I just winged it and it still went great:) Praying that we both have great deliveries!

Julie Manes-Wright

Stephanie said...

so exciting! the time is ALMOST here.

just piping in to say that we got the new eddie bauer double stroller--brand new. pretty penny, and pretty to the eyes, but you are right when you say they are SO big...only used it 3 times and hated pushing it each time...having big sister in the front made it SO hard to push and navigate...so, highly recommending that you stick with your intuition and get the smallest, and best quality, you can find. ended up loosing a LOT of money on the resale. the sit-n-stand is great...i ended up putting abby in a wrap and pushing abby way more than i thought i would. that was my preferred method most of the time, but it is good to have the option to push both...i'm sure you've heard a million people's opinions--:)

Jason and Pamela said...

How exciting for you! I can't wait to look at the website for freezer meals. I love doing that and I'm not about to have a baby. But when I do have another one I may have to email/call you to find out about the Bradley Method. I wanted to do natural, but let the pain get the best of me. :( Still regret it! Good luck. Will be praying for you!

Sarah, Lee and Reese said...

You are so organized!!! Can't wait to hear the new little man's name. I'm so jealous you have the option of water birth. I want to do that so badly. I'll be checking out those recipes. I was just thinking the other day how I want to freeze a bunch of meals for this baby. I hope you are feeling well!

Carrie said...

Here's my advice about double strollers: don't buy one! They hardly ever want to be in it at the same time and it is just too bulky and heavy to bother with most of the time. It is actually so much of a hassle that you probably will just find yourself "doing without" it because you find that you can. Just use a carrier for on and let them take turns riding in the single stroller. That's what will end up happening anyway. The only way I would ever get a double stroller again is if I knew I was having twins. Then you would get more use I think bc they would be the same age and need it at the same times.