Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Treasuring The Time

Andrew and I have had a GREAT past few days just enjoying one another. I am so thankful that the Lord has given us such sweet time together before the baby comes. It is bitter sweet. I can't wait to meet our new little baby and love on him, but at the same time I'm so thankful for my time with Andrew. We have played in the dirt, built rock towers, pulled weeds, played baseball in the front yard, rode his lawn mower, played with his scooter, played on the swing set, gone for walks, thrown balls, dug for worms, read millions of stories, cuddled, watched a few cartoons, gone to story time, colored, laughed and laughed, played with his new birthday toys, gone to a few friends houses, built with legos..... and the list goes on and on!

Last night as I was putting Andrew to bed he looked at me just started smiling and laughing and gave me a BIG hug- the kind where he squeezes so hard that his whole body shakes a little bit. I looked at him and said, "mommy loves you so much". I laid him down and kissed him goodnight. As I was walking out of his room he said, "Mommy Baby Nathanael coming soon". I thought to myself is this the Lord's way of telling me I'm going to have him tonight? It made me excited and a little sad that it could be my last night with just Andy. I pray that the Lord gives Andrew such a love for his little brother and an understanding that he soon has to share his mommy.

Speaking of soon! My due date was yesterday- March 23. I have felt wonderful the past few days and I'm SO thankful for that! Mark will be finished with his finals tomorrow late afternoon. Yippee! So please join us in prayer that our little baby will come this weekend. Mark has Spring Break next week. We would love to have a whole week at home as a family of 4.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

So sweet! Praying for you guys and the arrival of baby Nathanael.