Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Holding My Babies

I love to HOLD my babies! Their sweet, soft, little round heads lying on my shoulder, touching my face.. oh it makes me smile just thinking about it. Nothing is sweeter than watching your baby stare up at you while holding them in your arms. What about the smell of babies?! Can't you just smell them when thinking about it?

So why am I going on and on about this? I am having to learn to let Nathanael go to sleep on his own. I don't want to. I want to hold him until he falls asleep and then some more. It's killing me that I have to stop. I am having a much harder time with his than Nathanael. Why stop? Soon Nathanael will have to share a room with Andrew. In order for it to work, Nathanael will have to learn to go to sleep by himself. Sigh!

Yesterday was the first day we practiced this and I did not like it. The good news:  he only fussed for a few minutes. I went back into the room twice to give him his passy and blanket.  Today when I layed him down for a nap he fussed and cried for a few minutes. I went back in to give him his passy and leaned over to kiss him. The SWEETEST thing happened. (I promise I am not exaggerating) He reached up with both hands and pulled my face to his holding me tightly next to him. Within about 10 seconds of my face touching his- you could feel his whole body relax and he fell right to sleep. Oh my goodness. I wanted to pick him up and cuddle him so badly.


Wouldn't you? Just look at that sweet face!

No comments: