It's always bittersweet for me to got to Rome, Georgia. I have many special memories there: I went to college there, learned to live on my own, grew into the person I am today, meet Mark, fell in love, got married, built a house, worked at the best school ever, got pregnant, had Andrew, etc.. Not to mention our church was AMAZING! We actually stayed in Rome after getting married because of our church! Our church family really was like our family.
Well, yesterday Nathanael and I went to Rome for a baby shower. My good friend Autumn is having a baby girl in just a few months!
 |
| Nathanael and I, Autumn + baby girl, Sissy and her 2 yr. old |
The baby shower was held at Cave Spring Elementary where I used to work. Oh there is no place like it! This school is awesome! The faculty is like one big family and the school is so unique. Actually Autumn, Susan (the principal), and I had the opportunity to speak about our school at a teaching conference in Hawaii! So neat! We were able to bring along our husbands and some family members... wonderful memories! I found this picture below of us at luau.
 |
| Susan, Hawaiian man, me, Autumn |
After the baby shower we ate dinner with some of my dear friends. I miss these girls like crazy. They were the "church family" I was talking about earlier.
 |
| Jen and I. Oh where we would be without our counselor Jen.... she's such a gift from the Lord |
 |
| Brittany and Shannon lovin' on Nathanael |
1 comment:
Love this post! I miss Rome, too!
Post a Comment