Sunday, November 7, 2010

recap of our busy fun-filled week

We have had such a fun-filled busy week. Mark had his first week of midterms so we tried to stay busy and out of his way. Here's a short recap:

We left Monday to spend several nights with one of my best friend, Heidi Hicks. I love having "real" friends that you can share any and everything with. She is precious to me! Her husband, Daniel, was attending a youth pastor event...so we jumped on the opportunity to visit them.  They are such dear friends to us that really we view them more like family. Mark and I think the world of them and would love to be neighbors. We always have such a wonderful time! It's been so neat to watch our kids grow up together.

Wednesday morning we came back from the Hick's house. Wednesday afternoon a friend came over to help me make these cute bags! If you are interested here are the directions.

Thursday morning we had a play date with a new friend! I'm so excited about this new friend and praying God will open doors for us to really get to know one another better. I secretly called her "super mom" before I knew her name. Let me tell you just a little about her. She has a sweet 2 1/2 year little girl and adorable twin girls that just turned 1. I called her "super mom" because she would pleasantly arrive to story-time on time, showered, cutely dressed, with her two year obediently walking by her side as she carried not one but TWO infant carriers. I on the other hand just squeezed in the door as story-time started and was probably wearing a hat. Well long story short I had the opportunity to talk to her last week and she kindly invited us over to her house to play. As we were talking and getting to know one another it was fun to see how we have so many similarities and interest.

Thursday evening we went to my parents house to eat dinner and spend the night. Andrew was so excited to get to play with Nanny and Pop.  Have I told you that I love living close to my parents!?! My sweet mom and I are attempting to make a Pottery Barn Kids 'thankful tree' look alike. Key word attempting! I really wanted it to fit on a door and having a hard time making that work. So, I may end up making it more like a banner. Either way... my goal is for us each talk about, write, or draw what me are thankful for each day. Then on Thanksgiving day read them all together. I hope to save them and share all our blessings in the years to come.

Friday I babysat Everett and Reagan. Yes, every Friday I have a total of 4 kids and it really isn't that bad : ) Everett is Andrew's best friend so really they kind of cancel each other out. They are 'easy' in the sense that they entertain one another. Other than occasionally playing referee, helping go to the potty, and feeding them... they really are not high maintenance. Reagan and Nathanael's nap times work out where usually one of them is sleeping while the other is awake.
The boys watching a few minutes of Toy Story 3 before nap time
Saturday morning we played at home with Mark! Saturday afternoon we had family pictures in Woodstock with my parents, sister, and Kevin. My high school best friend, Lindsay B. Meadows, took them for us. Thanks Lindsay! I'm so excited to see how they turned out!

Now it's Sunday! Off to church and then REST or maybe shopping while the boys nap!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

LOVE how that tree captures that great tradition...i need me one now, too!

oh, those Rome days were so fond for me, too...miss ya!

Lindsay Erin Meadows said...

It was my pleasure!