My boys are growing SO fast! I feel like Andrew has grown 3 inches over night. I wanted a way to chart their growth that is permanent and sentimental. I LOVE the door frame at my Nana's house in Tennessee. She has all of our heights marked on the door frame with the date beside it. I wanted to make a "door frame" that I can take with us when we move. I saw this idea and had to copy it!
I found an 8 ft wooden board downstairs, left over kitchen paint, a permanent marker, tape measure, black paint.... and went to work!
On the right side, I taped a tape measure so I would have accurate measurements and made hash marks. On the left side, Mark and I decided to write Psalms 1:1-4. It says, "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delights is in the law of the Lord, and his law he meditates day and night.. He is like a tree planed by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away." As cheesy as it sounds -our prayer is that we will each grow in the Lord together!
At the bottom we put the kids hand prints and at the top we put ours. We did this project on New Years so my hope is that on each New Years day we will mark our growth. I think it would be fun to measure again sometime in the summer... maybe July 4 or when school starts back ???
I hope to always have this growth chart and who knows maybe one day my kids will want it to hang next to their families.


No comments:
Post a Comment