Tuesday, January 25, 2011

this and that

I feel behind on blogging about the everyday things we do around here... so here we go... in no particular order...

We've been staying warm by the fire. Andrew is absolutely into having a fire going and would love to have one 24/7. He helps Mark chop the wood and carries little pieces to the door. He calls it, "Andy wood".

During Nathanael's morning nap, I have tried to be more intentional with Andrew. We play 'Andy School'. Yes, he named it that! We play games together like matching colors puzzles, Memory, animal dominoes, decorate a letter and learning the sound, painting, learning to use scissors, bean bag games, obstacle courses, learning how to put socks on by ourselves, etc... I want it to be FUN! I  have a "project" planned for us and then follow his lead. You know at this age he is only interested in something for 5 minutes.

Nathanael is at the squirmy - you have to wrestle me to the ground - to change my diaper stage. I know he is only 10 months (10 months today) but he is strong and it is a challenge to change his diaper and get him dressed. I chase this cute naked booty everyday. I hope this picture makes you smile.. I love the rolls and dimples.


Nathanael is very curious and now able to explore the world around him. He is a fast crawler and loves to cruise around. His favorite thing to do is pull to standing. I think he might be an early walker. Here he is with his friend Regan playing the piano.

We spend every Friday at my good friend Christina's house. Everett will be a big brother in just a few weeks! We can't wait to meet Baby Bendik. Christina has been on bed rest for a few weeks so it's been really fun to have her there to talk to as the kids play. Andrew and Everett love this cabinet?!? They dump all the stuff out and are entertained for an hour. 

And then they play in the cabinet....

We go to story time every Tuesday - which really is more of a music time rather than story time. Andrew's favorite is "Going on a Bear Hunt". Here is a video I took a few months ago. 



The kids love to run around and play in the big room after story time. Hanging on these bars is coolest thing for them. This is Everett, Andy, and Abby Jane. 

Nate crawls around after the kiddos.. he is getting so big...sigh.

Abby Jane's mom and I have become good friends. She is 'super mom'. Really just look:
She goes out and about with her toddler and 2 twin one year olds and make it look easy... all while looking cute! On  a more serious note- she is so fun, sweet, loves the Lord, and is crafty. Over the holidays just the two of us went shopping and had coffee. I really love her! This week they went to Passion City Church with us and we had a great time worshiping the Lord together. 

Mark and I went on a date a few weeks ago and ate at the most delicious semi fancy place.. La Grotta.. thanks to Groupon. oh my mouth is watering just thinking about it. It is a true Italian restaurant- the waiters all speak Italian and have a 15 year tenure. This picture is horrible - we took it in a mirror while we waited for the elevator :) Mark and I have a goal to several intentional date nights each month. Because of the lack of $, we will have some date nights at home: movie, games, etc.. and at least once a month go out. Any fun date night ideas?

My grandparents gave me a photography class for Christmas. My class was this past Saturday. I really enjoyed it and learned tons. I really feel much more confident about using my camera on manual mode. Now I need to put it all into practice :)


Much more to share but the kids will be waking up any minute and I have go get dinner started!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh, Lindsey- you're such an encourager! I am so challenged by you and thankful for your friendship, dear!