Sunday, February 13, 2011

Meet Naomi


Isn't she just beautiful?!? Our Burmese friends called us this morning and asked us to come meet their new daughter. Naomi weighs 7 lbs 11 ounces and is 20 1/2 inches long. She and mom are doing well!


I took a few pictures of some of the other children today too... this is Bawi Chin who will turn 3 this coming April. She is full of personality, sassy, and always making people laugh.

This little man is their cousin. He is 2 weeks younger than Nathanael and is such a cutie....

Each time we visit their only request is to learn English. Today we brought flash cards and taught them simple words, how to say all the letters in the alphabet, word families like cat, rat, mat...., and how to say all the body parts. They can read more then they can speak and are so eager to learn.

Mark teaching Son


I love this picture because this is what we do 80% of the time we are there - LAUGH

We all laugh with each other. Trying to communicate is and act out what one another is saying is funny! I love their joy! Joy is something money can't buy.... it's a gift from the Lord... laughter really is good medicine! Proverbs 12:22 says, "A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."




I couldn't wait to hold Naomi

1 comment:

Jason and Pamela said...

She is very precious and they are blessed to have friends like you and Mark to minister to them! I love your pictures. You have gotten really good at taking great pictures!