Thursday, February 17, 2011

somebody stop time

In one month from today Andrew will be THREE! He is getting SO big and I'm having a hard time with it. All the sudden Andrew is not a baby or toddler but a boy! A boy who is getting to be adventurous and independent. A boy that grew one inch last month and looks like a big boy.  At moments I feel like I've missed a stage of his life. I know I haven't. I've been with him all day- everyday.  I am beyond thankful to be a stay at home mom and to live life with my kids, to be here for all their firsts, all their cuteness, all their cuddles, all the teachable moments, all the training, etc. When I step back and think about their sweet little lives I feel like its truly flown by. Just look how big he is:

playing at the park



you know your a big boy when you climbing trees


He has a great imagination... there is never a dull moment. I came down the stairs to find this :
When I asked him what he was doing he said, " I'm huntin' for animals. They're about to walk by the window. I'm getting ready to SHOOT them!"

I love it!

The playset has been a pirate ship this week. We have gone on many treasure hunts. On this particular day, he was fishing off the ship. He caught lots of fish, sharks, and dolphin 'to cook for dinner.' 

Andrew always makes us laugh. In the picture below we were playing hide-n-seek. He yells, "where are me!"


OH! There you are!

 Recently he told me that he loves when I let him 'help in the big kitchen'. As soon as he said that, I thought to myself... seldom do I really let him help me cook in the kitchen. It is double the work and double the time if he is helping. But I am going to try to be more intentional and let him help me more. This week WE made daddy a special Valentine treat. The problem is- I have been the one to eat most of it! I have no self control when it come to sweets. 

No comments: