Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Homemade Lara Bars


Have you ever had a Lara Bar? Oh my goodness they are delicious and healthy. I love them because they are made with a minimal number of real ingredients with…
  • no sweeteners,
  • no fillers,
  • no supplements,
  • no flavorings or
  • no preservatives
LÄRABARS are 100% real food and make a great snack. My friend, Lindsey, passed along her favorite lara bar recipe to us and we are loving it:
  • 1 cup raw cashews 
  • 1 cup whole dates
  • 2-3 T of cocoa powder
  • 1/2 t of salt

Directions: mix all the ingredients together in a food processor. I roll them into little balls and store in a container. It's really that easy. If they seem to not hold together well just add a few more dates. *I've also made these with prunes and likes them just as well.

Here is a link with lots of Lara Bar recipes.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

YES! I am going to try these because Lara Bars haven't made it to MX yet. Thanks for the link!!

Mandy said...

Okay, here's my experience. First, I don't have a food processor, and a blender is just not quite the same. Second, I couldn't find dates, so I used prunes. They are quite as sticky, and I ran out, so I threw in some raisins. But, they aren't sticky enough, so I threw in some peanut butter. End result: yummy!

The Jones Family said...

So funny Mandy! Glad you made it work by adding ingredients - peanut butter sounds wonderful- I may try that :)