Monday, June 6, 2011

A little adventure to celebrate

Mark and I celebrated 7 years of marriage by having a little outdoor adventure weekend.  Mark came home from school a few months ago and I said, "how would you feel about ziplining, rock climbing, whitewater rafting, and rapelling for our anniversary?". He loved the idea- we both LOVE the outdoors and love adventure! As I was telling my mother in law how excited I was to do all of our fun activities she said .. "now I know why God gave you boys"  :)

Our anniversary weekend - Part One

So we began our trip with the Ocoee River Basin Canopy Tour. I found a wonderful deal on living social. The zip line has three sky bridges and nine different zips that last around 2 1/2 hours.


Here's a little taste of what ziplining was like... Mark used his cell phone to make a video



We had awesome guides and such a fun group of people that went on our trip.

After zip lining we went to eat in the cute down of Ducktown, TN. As we were walking around the town, we saw a sign that said - 3 hour tubing/$6. We thought tubing would be a perfect way to cool off on a beautiful summer day. We tied our tubes together and really enjoyed a relaxing float down the river.


Mark and I had a wonderful weekend just being Mark and Lindsey- not mom and dad. We missed the boys like crazy and found ourselves talking about them 75% of the time. It took me several hours to get out of 'mom mode' and in to 'Lindsey, wife, friend mode'.  Mark kept telling me how much fun he was having with me and he was enjoying having me all to himself. I can say this weekend was really refreshing for our marriage. Thank you grandparents for watching the kiddos so we could go!

Stay tuned for Part Two

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

love this, lindsey.

i must have been given girls b/c all of that stuff (not the tubing) scares me to death!

i have a feeling that next week as larry and i spend the week together in arizona, it may take me a while to get out of mommy mode, too, but so looking forward to being stephanie and larry...i'm gonna have to borrow the way you said that. :)

happy anniversary!