Friday, June 3, 2011

We have a fish

Andrew can't get enough of the swimming pool. He loves it! We have been swimming everyday this week, sometimes several times a day. As soon as we leave the pool he asks, "when can we come back?".




Each day Andy gains more confidence and swims more on his own. We have an awesome swim float that we purchased from Target. It's swimways level three float and has nine removable floats in it. We started Andy off with seven floats and I believe now we are down to five.  He really has to work to keep himself afloat. Today he was doing 'big scoops' and kicking with his face all the way in the water. I really think he will swimming all by himself in a few weeks. Tonight we went back to the pool and he wanted to swim with out the float. He would swim from the stairs to me, from me to Mark, jump in and come up swimming a few feet. He's a little fish!


Nate is enjoying the water too! Today he was jumping in as well. He stood on the edge of the pool holding on to my fingers. I would count "1, 2, 3" on three he would squat down and wait for me to jump him in the pool. He absolutely loved it. We did it about 20 times before I put him in his float :)



No comments: