Monday, July 25, 2011

Andy @ 3 years 5 months


Stats:
long and lean
39 inches tall
about 34 pounds
wearing size 3T
shoe size 9

Andy brings me so much joy! I love this kiddo more than words can say. He is so much fun! He has a wonderful imagination! He loves to dress up and pretend to be a fireman, pirate, singer, cowboy, super hero, and most of all a hunter. This past week he wore camo everyday. Yes, everyday. He may not have worn it all day but he did have it on at some point. Actually, right now he is wearing a fireman jacket and camo shorts. His imagination is amazing- I love to listen to him play and/or play alongside him to see what he comes up with. He prefers to play in 'hiding cave' or in a tent if playing inside. He's in to making up stories... Here's an example: "Mommy yesterday when I was a little boy, I saw a big buck in the road. It was 72 miles long. I shot him with my gun to show Pop". You never know what is going to come out of his mouth.

Andrew loves playing outside. Some of his favorite activities are baseball, sandbox, playgrounds,  riding his bike- he's learning to peddle with training wheels, cutting the grass, 'working' any manual labor or job you can give him, imaginative play, and swimming. I am very proud of Andrew's swimming ablitites just in the past week. He dives for diving sticks (you have to give him a little push to get under the water), swims under the water, and jumps in and swims across. This weekend he was jumping in with me in the deep end and swimming half way across where I held him to get his breath and then he finished swimming the rest of the way!!

He is a very sweet, compassionate, and loving little guy. For instance, when Nathanael is upset he sings him a calm down song. When I have a little 'boo-boo' he checks on it several times throughout the day. He likes to tell you and show you how much he loves you. He is great with younger children and babies. 

He plays very well with Nathanael. They entertain each other and are learning to share and play together. He is very patient with Nathanael when he takes toys from him and hits him. Yes, Nathanael hits Andrew often. Andrew does a good job at not hitting him back but telling him, "No Thanael!, MOM Thanael is hitting me again!". Just this week he has started pushing Nathanael - so we are working that. He want to be with Nathanael and misses him when we are away. Last night on our way home for Passion City Church he said, "I hope Thanael is awake when we get home, I sure do love my baby."

Andrew ask SO MANY questions. I love his curiosity and his desire to understand the world and whats going on around him. When we are running errands and he asks questions I get a little nervous about what he is going to say.... you never know what is going to come out of his mouth.  I try to answer all his questions but sometimes Mark and I just need a break so we tell him he has to be quiet for a few minutess and mommy and daddy need a turn to talk. He is going through this stage where he is shy or won't talk to strangers or even some of our friends. For instance, at the grocery store the nice bagger who gave him a coloring book, he will not say 'thank you' or 'good bye' to. He freezes up and puts his hands in his mouth. It drives me crazy but I realize I can't make him talk. Of course, when we get in the car he talks about how nice it was to receive a coloring book and next time he is going to talk to him.

When he is excited or having a really great time he jumps up and down. If he has a story he wants to tell you and  is trying to wait patiently without interrupting he jumps up and down. Sometimes he even does this little arm flap.. it's like he is going to explode..Cute! 

We are still working on first time obedience but overall he is well mannered and obedient. He likes to be praised and acknowledges for his good works and behavior. Which brings me to another issue. I am praying for his little heart to see the need of the gospel. I pray that he doesn't become a little pharisee. He already has a lot scripture memorized and he know the 'right answers'. We pray daily for him to KNOW Jesus Christ intimately. 



No comments: