Friday, August 12, 2011
first 5K
In three weeks I will be running my first 5K! I've always wanted to be 'one of those people' who enjoying running and thought of it as a way to clear my mind. One of my dear friends runs almost every morning and calls it her 'therapy'. When I run all I can think about is how much longer until I'm done, this is no fun, or I can't breathe :) It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I enjoyed running: I had a break through- I liked it! I prayed for family and friends! It cleared my mind! I kept going and going! Last night I actually lost count on how many laps around our block I had ran.
I can run about 2 to 2.5 miles right now. I have three week to bump it up to 3.2 miles...I think I can. I hope I can. My goal is not to walk at all....I WILL run the whole thing. Mark will be running alongside me pushing the double stroller with both boys and one of my best friends from high school (who lead me to the Lord) will be running it with me too!
Do you remember my 30 before 30 list? I have completed about half. So I'm not sure if I will complete all of my goals but running a 5K - I will! :) Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So proud of you! You're going to love doing a race! I see a 13.1 in your future! :)
Post a Comment