Friday, November 4, 2011

Andrew's sayings and BSF

I love Bible Study Fellowship for SO many reasons! I love that is rich thorough teaching, I love that we are studying the book of Acts, I love that my kids are learning what I'm learning each week and have such a fun time, I love that Nate is excited to go to his class and does not cry,  and I love that we have a picnic with some of our best friends afterwards. Here's the crew!



Each week when I pick Andrew up from his class I ask him what he learned. I'm always so excited to hear his response.  It is just precious and I love that he is learning God's Word- a foundation for him to always stand on! Here a few that I have written down. I promise this was all straight from his mouth....

-"We learned about the HOLY Bible and it's true."
-"These men had fire on their heads and it didn't burn them! They talked all funny and told them about God" (about Pentecost)
-"A man named Saul saw a bright light from God and he fell down and learned that God is alive"
-"These guys, Paul and Barnabas, had stones thrown at them and they were hurt. Paul laid down and then got back up to tell people about Jesus. "

I'm going to start writing them down each week so I can share!

Andrew says the funniest things. Here are a few of his sayings recently:
As we were walking into Bible Study there were berries from a bush on the ground. He said, " Look mom, there's deer food!"

He is all about using the days of the week, months of the year, and time but hasn't quite figured out how it all goes together yet. He will look at his arm like he's telling time and say " It's 25 o'clock" or he will say " On Saturday at 11 o'clock we are going to do __" "mom, what are we going to do on Sunday afternoon? What are we going to do on Wednesday morning?"

When there is something he is really excited do and I tell him our plans for the next day he says, "But mom today is tomorrow! We can do it now"

When he is really tired and his eyes are watering or burning he says, "My eyes want to cry but I don't want them to and I just can't make them stop"

This is a little gross but...  he went to the bathroom (#2) - he ran into the room and said, "Mom! Come look at my MAN poop!!!"

Andrew does not like fireworks and there were fireworks at the laser show at Stone Mtn. Andrew covered his ears about 70% of the laser show in fear that more fireworks would happen, he was so worried the entire show. As we were driving home that night we asked Andrew what his favorite part of the evening was. With full confidence Andrew said, "I loved the fireworks!" Mark and I looked at each and couldn't help but laughing!

No comments: