Thursday, January 19, 2012

Juicing


Have you seen the film: Fat Sick and Nearly Dead?

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead - Official Trailer from Team Reboot on Vimeo.


We had some friends who highly recommended it to us. Our friend, Tom, was on several medications and after watching this film he did it! He juiced for several weeks. Now he is off his medications, lost weight, and is feeling great. I am not really overweight or on any medications but the idea of cleansing my body was really appealing to me (especially after the holidays).  So I watched the film and I loved it! I loved the idea of eating REAL food- not processed food, of not 'dieting' with low fat crap or pills or pre packaged food but eating all fruits and vegetables. We had an old juicer in the garage, so I dug it out and cleaned it up and decided to juice for several days. I really wanted to do a mini juice fast for 3-5 days but I didn't. I juiced for breakfast and lunch then ate a healthy dinner. The juice was REALLY good! Honestly... take a look at all the wonderful food in it!

Breakfast: I combined green juice from the film with Dr. Oz's green juice. I'm aware that as you read this you are going to think "YUCK" but I promise it's really tasty. Try it!
6 leaves Kale
2 cups Spinach
2 cucumbers
4 stalks of celery
small bunch of parsley
2 apples
1/2 lemon
1/2" ginger root



Lunch:
6 leaves of Swiss Chard
2 beets
2 apples
4 carrots
tiny bit of ginger


The 9th grade boy that I tutor was said, "Mrs. Lindsey, WHAT are you drinking (lunch drink)?" I asked him if he wanted to try it.... at first he was not sure but I convinced him and he liked it! He actually said, "Wow that is good!" Then I showed him the picture of what was in it and he could. not. believe. it!

I'm not gonna lie- I like to eat real food: chew it, taste it, savor it, swallow it, etc... I was hungry the first day. I was also in the kitchen all morning because Andrew is a bottomless pit these past few days. He ate breakfast and then 30 minutes later wanted another breakfast and then an hour later was ready for a snack and so on... so it was hard that day. Other than that day.... I like juicing! I decided to eat dinner but I might try all juice fast once a month or once a quarter just for a reboot!

Here are some of the websites I liked for juicing:
http://jointhereboot.com/reboot-program/recipes/juice-recipes/
http://www.health-actually.com/recipes/juice-fast-recipes-great-whether-youre-fasting-or-not/
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-green-drink

Here is a video of Joe Cross making the green juice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-d4qkY9JFk&feature=relmfu

No comments: