Saturday, January 14, 2012

snapshots of our week


Mark took the kids to the playground one morning. (Side note: I love that he tries to give me time to myself as much as possible and volunteers to take the kids to do fun things. He is an awesome dad and husband!)  He took the pictures above with his phone. He came home and excitedly told me "our kids like the big kids playground much better than the toddler playground... you should have seen how high Nate climbs... I was chasing him everywhere!". Okay let me explain how sadden I was to here him say this statement. I love the safe, fenced in, not too high, toddler playground. I'm now praying that when we go to the park they will be happy to play at the toddler playground and not feel the need to go to the big kid playground.


Andy has a had a little stomach virus this week. It's odd- he feels great most of the day and then all the sudden is sick. Well right after getting sick he looked at Mark and said, "Daddy can we go fishing after my nap time today?" He woke up feeling well and all he talked about was fishing... so Mark looked at me and said, "I guess we are going fishing." Andrew loves fishing... really I think he loves digging up worms in our compost pile as much as fishing. Either way- the one on one time with Mark is valued. 


Nathanael loves playing outside. This week he enjoyed cutting the grass. The problem is he doesn't want to just cut our grass but our neighbors too. He is such a mess! If you say, "Nate come back over here or stay in our yard"- he gives you the most mischievous smile and runs the opposite way. Stinker!


Check out that sad face. As we were walking back to our car after Bible Study Fellowship he tripped on the sidewalk. He fell on his knees first, then to his hands, and finally skinned his face. Ouch! Poor thing! It kind of fits his personality though- wild, rough, and tough!


The boys help me with the dishes. They unload the dishwasher... well sort of. They put the dishes on the counter under the cabinet where they belong. They really like to do it and feel so proud of themselves afterwards. It's not always so helpful but I'm trying to teach them how to do small chores. Andrew has asked me why we do dishes and why do they help. My answer is because we are family and that is what we do- everyone helps out: not for money or reward but because we are family.

Painting! I really think they would paint all day. Finger paints or watercolors they love them both! Nate will paint anything in sight... he doesn't quite understand that paint should stay on the paper.... his belly worked just great for him.


I wish I had a video of this one... he was running around the house saying "Hee haw Cowboy!"



My boys may be great cooks one day... I would love for them to cook for their wives like they 'cook' for me! They cook anything you order and more! In the picture above Nate was singing Happy Birthday! :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

OHHH MAN, Nate's poor face really got it, didn't it?? Bless his heart, he was so tough. I'm always glad when there are witnesses around when those kinds of scrapes happen. Looking forward to our make-up playdate!