Sunday, January 8, 2012

our passion experience

Okay, I promise this will be the last post about Passion- but Mark and I just can't get over how amazing the week was- or should I say how amazing JESUS is! Here are a few pictures that I took on Mark's cell phone. The first set of pictures are of Do Something Now. The college students blew us away and definitely did something- they raised over $3 million dollars to fight modern day slavery. Yes, there are more slaves today than ever before- 27 million slaves. 


I served on the hospitality team. Our goal was to create a welcoming environment for all our speakers and musicians. My team designed green rooms, dressing rooms, restocked the rooms with food and/or toiletries. My job rocked! It really did! In between sessions we made sure our guest has all they needed and more. During the session my job was to give water to the band as they came off the stage. So I worshiped right next to the stage with the other bands and speakers. Then walked over to the stairs to hand them water when they were done. I was able to listen to most all of the speakers! I truly feel so blessed to have served on the hospitality team!


Mark served on the security team. He also had a great post- he rotated between backstage and side stage- which means he was with me by the green rooms and dressing rooms or he stood right in front of the main stage between the big speakers. He was most definitely front and center. If you watched any of the live streaming online you could see his team in red shirts right in front of the stage. In addition to volunteers they hired 140 security CSC men, Atlanta Police, GBI, FBI, and under cover cops. So pleased to say God protected us all during the conference!

One afternoon Mark and I had a 2 hour break together. We walked around the Georgia World Conference Center, where all the students were, and experienced Do Something Now that was going on outside! 


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

i've loved all you posts, linds.
just A-MAZING stuff that the Lord has/is doing.

so wish we could be there to serve...going to several of these conferences back in college is literally where so much of my passion for the Lord and foundation in him came from.

you both DID have rockin' jobs!
did you get to meet any of the speakers, etc?

The Jones Family said...

Our goal on the hospitality team was to be discrete. Although when you are backstage with the speakers all day, you meet them and have small conversations. My favorite part was to see them interact with each other and their families. They are all so kind and down to earth -Beth Moore kept thanking us for serving :)