I have a lot people ask me about children getting adjusted.... so I thought I would take some pictures so you can see how it works. First, let me explain that Mark does a very specific type of chiropractic called NUCCA. It is much different from your typical chiropractor. There is NO twisting, popping, or cracking. The adjustment is so gentle that it honestly feels like a feather gently sliding across your ear. I know.... it sounds crazy! The first time I got adjusted I laughed thinking- there is no way this did anything for me. Well, I laughed for only a minute and then I could immediately tell that I had been adjusted. You could honestly SEE in the mirror that my posture had changed. It's AMAZING!!!
Okay back to kids getting a chiropractic adjustment. First, Mark makes sure they actually need to get adjusted. How does he do that? He does a leg check: he looks at their legs to see if they are even.
Sometimes, checks their hips
There is a lot of math and science involved with each adjustment. To keep it simple: when they need to be adjusted he lays them on the table, gets them positioned just right, and delivers the gentle adjustment. We usually give Nate a toy to hold or I stand in front of him and talk to him so he lays a little more still.
Andrew's turn: leg check...
Here Mark is feeling Andrew's neck for problems. He uses three main measurements to make sure people need to be adjusted: leg check, posture, and palpation of the spine.
We tell Andrew to lay very still like he is sleeping. He is silly and usually closes his eyes and pretends to snore before he breaks out into laughter :)
If you need to chiropractor or know someone who does contact Mark
at Alpha Spine Center: 770-777-2377



3 comments:
it's so cool to see your man officially doing what he's been training to do for so long! so happy for you guys, linds.
and you know what? i have never heard of a chiropractor NOT cracking, twisting, and popping! i can't even imagine. fascinating!
Thanks Steph! We are so excited! Yes, NUCCA is so different than the typical chiropractor... it's awesome!
Oh my gosh! Is he crushing Nate's skull!?! That Doc Jones is rough. I mean I leave every visit bruised up and walking with a limp. :)
I LOVE to see his "progress" from when I first started seeing him...he was awesome then but is amazing now...such confidence, professionalism and "smarts". :)
I also didn't think it did anything and NO ONE believes me when I tell them that he barely touches you! I thought it was a bunch of bull, but I'm such a convert and believer now.
Post a Comment