Saturday, March 24, 2012

just a random day

I enjoy reading 'mom blogs', especially older moms with lots of kids. I like to see how they spend their 'normal' days. I like to read about the little tricks they have learned to make their days run smoother, about their family activities, about how they teach the gospel to their kids, their cooking schedules, etc.. Today as I was going about my day I realized that one day I will want to look back and see how I spent my normal days. I know this will not interest anyone other than myself....so here's to documenting- our little family blog scrapbook.

The kids woke up at 7:00am. They watched Clifford while I spent a few minutes with the Lord and got ready for the day. When I say get ready for the day, what I really mean is putting on my mom uniform (if staying at home): black yoga pants and a T-shirt, brushing my teeth, and hair in ponytail. Then they boys and I came down stairs to have breakfast- green smoothies and scrambled eggs. We unloaded the dishwasher together, colored a picture, and played in the playroom until Nathanael's morning nap time. While Nathanael napped, Andrew and I did 'calendar time' and reviewed numbers and shapes. Andrew received several new fun games for his fourth birthday that we had not opened yet.  So we took advantage of Nate sleeping and played Crazy 8's and Candy Land. After the games we wrote thank you letters to his friends who came to his birthday party.

Nathanael woke up (really I woke him up so he would take an afternoon nap with Andrew). The boys had a little snack of oranges and cheese. Nate and I cooked while Andrew worked in the yard with Uncle Todd. We made a double batch of whole grain waffles and paleo muffins, we made extra so we could freeze most of them. The boys are eating SO much I don't know what to feed them... we are trying to eat REAL food: vegetables, fruits, nuts, meats, and little cheese while limiting grains and dairy. Today I made 'healthier filler foods' b/c they are eating us of house and home.

Andrew came in from working in the yard and was ready to play with Nate. The boys ran around the house and playing chase and tackle.  Then they sampled some of the waffles and muffins. After eating they were off to playing again: this time they were playing Lion King- they pretend like the characters and act like they are killing Mufasa and all the sudden our house is turned into a land filled with prowling lions, tigers, and monkeys. Today we ate a late lunch about 1:30. They went down for naps right afterwards.

During nap time I did an Insanity workout, showered, and had computer time.

After nap time we cuddled up on the couch and read our Bible and a few library books. Then it was time for me to finish getting ready because Mark and I attended our dearest friends graduation party. Thank you Mimi and Poppi for watching the boys!

No comments: