Thursday, May 3, 2012

embrace the camera

I saw this today over at the Anderson Crew and really loved the idea. As a mom it is so easy to be the one behind the camera.... it's comfortable and easy. Each week she has something called Embrace the Camera. It's an encouragement for moms to take pictures with their kids.  She explains it like this:

 I started Embrace the Camera for one reason. 
My kids.

One day I was looking for a picture of my mom and I together, growing up, and I realized that I hardly have any with her in them.  There are plenty of just me, but only a few with her.  I didn't want that for my kids.  I want them to have an abundance of pictures with us together.  I want them to remember me, and our day to day interactions. 
The fun times we had. 
The real times we had.
Our memories.
I wanted to make sure I was a part of those memories.

Now I need to go shower so I can be in a picture. Just Kidding! Really, I want to remember life how it really is: playing in the floor, cleaning the kitchen, legos, hunting, reading books.... usually with a pony tail and yoga pants. = )

No comments: