Our dear friends, Tom and Grace Adams, live way out in the country.... so far out that cell phones don't work. It's wonderful! When we go to their house it is really like a retreat or "therapy" as Mark says. Everywhere you look is beautiful land: mountain, valley, creek, farm.... greatness! Seriously, we may see four or five cars pass each day.
I took this picture of Nate chasing a bird, while sitting on the front porch... as far as you can see is their land. Isn't beautiful!
We collected fresh eggs from their chickens for breakfast
The boys loved the chickens. But the rooster... now that is a different story. Nate chased the chickens all round the pasture but when he came up to the rooster, the rooster held his own and then some. He got up on his hind legs, flapped his wings, squawked, then lunged for Nate. It scared all of us and Nate learned not to mess with him. He said, "that one gonna get me".
Mark and Andrew enjoyed helping Tom chop wood
I was so impressed with Andrew. He actually did this piece by himself!
Andrew thought it would be fun to have a little bon fire.... so bon fire it was!
Nate didn't care a thing about chopping wood so he spent extra time playing in the creek
I just have to brag on Grace... she is one amazing cook! I promise everything she cooks is delicious. She served us the BEST meals. I really could go on and on about her awesome homemade healthy cooking. I truly learn so much each time I'm there and leave with recipes. Actually, Mark said several time, "Babe, did you get this recipe too?". One of our favorite recipes this trip was brussel sprouts! She trimmed them and browned them in butter with a little sea salt. Then simmered them with a little orange juice for about 20 minutes while covering them with a lid. WOW!!! So good!
We finished off the weekend by going to our 'home church' Three Rivers. Oh how we love that place! It just feels like home there. Mark and I drove back to Marietta talking about how much we love all those people! So grateful for that season of life!



No comments:
Post a Comment