Thursday, August 16, 2012

go BIG or go home!

That is my husbands anthem... especially when it comes to exercise. This weekend we decided to hike up the mountain with the boys. Mark was loading the double stroller into his truck - which means we are going to take the paved path up. Then I noticed he was getting ropes and bands... ?? So I asked what all that was for.... he informed me we were going to run up the mountain. Wait! I do good to walk up the mountain with the stroller but running up is a whole different story. I said, "Babe, I can't run up the mountain." To which he replied, "Come on, everyone should be able to run a mile or two ... we are just going to do it straight up today. You married me, this is how The Joneses do it". Then laughed and hugged me. Oh my!

Ready to see how The Joneses do it - (Mark does it) : 


He is out of control! Yes, he ran all the way up the mountain pulling the double stroller. (stroller is 32 lbs + Andy + Nate = 100 lbs) I could not keep up... not even half way. Thank goodness for Todd, Mark's brother, who came along for the ride/run. Todd took over when I couldn't go anymore. The best part of the whole day was seeing people's faces and hearing their comments as he passed. HILARIOUS! Actually most of the people had positive things to say!  I wish I had 1/2 of the 'go big or go home' mentality that he does. Love that man! 

Ps: as I type this he is doing a trail run up Pigeon Hill, Little Kennesaw Mtn, and Kennesaw Mtn with a 45 lb sand bag... he's crazy. Hope he makes it home alive. He's training for the Spartan Beast in October. All while I sit here with a snack and blog :)

2 comments:

Becky Falkins said...

This is just too funny! Where does he get these ideas from??

Emily said...

Laughing... wish we had passed y'all...