Friday, August 31, 2012

visiting family in Tennessee

The boys and I took a little trip to Tennessee to visit their great grandparents! First we stopped by to visit with Memaw. I just love this picture of Nate cuddling and laughing with her. 


I was trying to soak it all in and cherish these precious moments. 

Next it was off to see Nana Jo.  We had a wonderful dinner at her house!



Uncle Pete came over to visit. He jumped right in playing with the boys from racing cars, to the game memory and crazy 8's, baseball, soccer, catching lighting bug.... Thanks Pete for coming to see us!

Nana, don't be mad but I videoed you singing with the boys... love it!



We also got to visit with Uncle Jimmy. He lives in New Orleans and sadly had to evacuate due to Hurricane Isaac. We are so sorry for the awful weather but so thankful we got to see him. Jimmy got the 'super uncle award' for the day.... the boys did not give him a break .... lots and lots of playing! 


Jimmy's friend, Larry, also came to Tennessee. He has a very nice new convertible sports car.  Larry told Andrew that he had a 'transformer'. The kids thought the top coming down was so cool! We let them sit in the passenger seat as the top went down. 


During nap time Larry and I went for a long ride down beautiful country roads! He told me that he wanted me to drive so that he could enjoy being the passenger. He handed me the keys and sat in the passenger seat. As we are about to take off he informed me that I was the first person to drive his car other than himself! Oh my goodness.. no pressure Lindsey!  Jimmy took this video clip of us as we were driving off (we didn't know he was videoing). We were laughing because "I'm every women" came on the radio as soon as I started to drive!


I took the boys to the playground that I used to go to as a child. What I remember most about the park are the "pumper swings" at the top of the photo. It's fun seeing my children now playing on them. 


No comments: