I made a little trip to Target one afternoon when Mark and the kids were napping. Target makes me happy - without kids is like a mini vacation. I could stay there for hours. Anyways, I found this hat and scarf that I liked. I took a picture to show my mom ... wouldn't it make a great stocking stuffer... hint hint mom :)
Heidi, my BFF, got these shoes for me as a birthday gift. I love them. They make me happy, I wear them almost everyday. I love that they are fun, comfortable, and remind me of her. Heidi, I love you!
I love spending every Wednesday with these people! BSF and then a lunch date at the park or pond is our weekly tradition. We are studying Genesis this year and I am loving it!!! The Lord is teaching me so much! I can't wait to do my lessons during the week. Emily and I were able to go to the Homiletics seminar this week, thanks to my sweet husband you watched the kiddos for an hour at the park.
Mark and I help host Passion City Church's Marietta Community Group. We love it! We love meeting people, creating a welcoming environment, and seeing Jesus change lives! It's awesome. Funny little story Brett Yonker, our leader, asked me if I would help start the night by reading a passage of scripture aloud to everyone and praying. As I was about to say, 'yes, I'd be glad to', Mark told him that I didn't know how to read. Brett's eyes got really big and started to back his way out of what he has said.... he honestly believed him for a few seconds. hahaha... okay if you don't already know this ... Mark, my husband, always jokes around...don't believe half of what he says! Mark is part doctor, part middle schooler. I promise I can read!
The Jones House is protected by Super Nate and Spiderman/Bear Andrew. They are armed with cardboard swords so beware. These little boys are so much fun! At some point in the day they are dressed up as a superhero of some kind ready to save the day!
I introduced mom to Ikea this weekend. She fell in love... who wouldn't? If you have not been to Ikea...plan a trip. Make sure to give yourself several hours to explore ... there is so much to see, so many awesome ideas, you will leave inspired. Our main purchase was bunk-beds for her house. How do I have boys old enough for bunk-beds? Ah... stop time!
Mark and I went to Mattress Firm to pick up a mattress for the bunk beds at my parents house. Gotta love the Groupon deals $50 for a $200 mattress. The sweet lady working at Mattress Frim was brand new and working solo.... she had no idea what she was doing. We honestly walked in knowing what mattress to get and it took 45 minutes for her to figure out how to ring it up. Bless her heart. Anyways... I turn around to find Mark asleep on one of the beds... yes, he was truly asleep and sleep for about 15-20 minutes! Men :)
We celebrated Joy and Blythe's 3rd birthday this Tuesday morning! They are some of our favorite little friends and love that we were able to see them on their birthday!








No comments:
Post a Comment