We are constantly trying to teach our boys to be thankful in all things, to see God at work in the big and little details of life, to understand how blessed we are. I try to talk about what I am thankful for throughout the day. It usually happens when I find myself complaining in my heart , I then try to combat that with thanksgiving. It's not secret I dread doing the dishes. I feel like I do dishes all day..... not fun. Well now I'm trying to change my attitude: I'm thankful I have a dishwasher, I'm thankful I have mouths to feed, I'm thankful for all the food in my pantry, I'm thankful for family to eat with, I'm thankful for a refrigerator full food, etc... Andrew is now picking it up. When he makes his bed in the morning I've heard him say, "I'm thankful for my nice cozy bed to keep me warm at night"- riding down the road, "I'm thankful for the pretty leaves", etc.
We are commanded to give thanks. Why? Because there is joy in giving thanks. God keeps a record of our pains, a bottle of our tears, can I keep a record of my blessings?
Psalm 136:3
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.
Psalm 95:2
Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
I Chronicles 16:8
Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people
Psalm 100:4&5
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Psalm 107:21
Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind.
Isaiah 12:4
In that day you will say: “Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted.
Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
No comments:
Post a Comment