Sunday, November 18, 2012

turkey shirt and shoe boxes

I'm not a crafty mama, I wish I was. I 'pin' a tons of things on Pinterest with great intentions but only make a few. This week I saw some adorable footprint turkey shirts on Pinterest and decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did, they turned out really cute... if I may say so myself! 



I bought 2 white long sleeve shirts at Walmart for $3.88 each, a few acrylic paints for $0.55, and fusible webbing for $3. My sweet friends Emily gave me a few some fabric scraps and I went to work! It really was easy and I really enjoyed doing it! I did a 'happy dance' in my living room when I ironed the feathers on a realized it was going to turn out okay.  The boys think their shirts are cool... I'm thankful because I know that won't last long. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Operation Christmas Child 


This morning before church we prayed for the children who will receive our boxes. I hope that my boys understand how much JOY this box will bring to a little boy somewhere in the world. Most importantly, we pray that the little boys that receive our box would receive much more than a box full of toys - rather they would receive love, hope, joy, and salvation in Jesus Christ! Wouldn't it be amazing to personally deliver boxes to children!?!



Just keeping it real.... this is Nate when he dropped his boxes and Andrew picked them up.... oh my! how hard is the life of my precious 2 year old :)

No comments: